Stuffed tomatoes are a delightful dish that combines the natural sweetness of ripe tomatoes with a flavorful filling. To make them, start by hollowing out the tomatoes and removing the seeds. Then, prepare a stuffing mixture, often made with ingredients like breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic, and cheese, creating a harmonious blend of textures and tastes.
2 large tomatoes (700g)
1 small onion
200 g minced meat
Salt and pepper
6 g sweet paprika
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 cloves of garlic (or garlic powder)
70-80 g mozzarella cheese
1. Empty the tomatoes with a spoon.
2. Finely chop the onion and fry it in a pan with a little olive oil.
3. Also add the chopped pepper.
4. Cook over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
5. Now mix the meat and tomato pulp.
6. Season with all the spices, then add tomato paste and fresh chopped parsley.
7. Cook and stir occasionally until all liquids evaporate.
8. Fill the tomatoes with grated mozzarella cheese and the meat mixture.
9. Place the tomatoes on a tray with a little olive oil on the bottom and bake at 180° for 20-25 minutes.
10. Now add some mozzarella, olive oil and dried oregano on top.
11. Finish baking for another 15 minutes.