Lemon cake is a delightful dessert that captivates the senses with its bright citrus flavor and moist texture. The zesty essence of freshly squeezed lemons infuses the batter, creating a perfect balance of sweet and tangy notes.
⦁ 4 eggs separated
⦁ 1/4 teaspoon salt
⦁ 270g sugar
⦁ 180ml of vegetable oil
⦁ 180ml of milk
⦁ 60ml lemon juice
⦁ 210g flour
⦁ 85g cornstarch
⦁ 1 tablespoon baking powder
⦁ 1 lemon (zest)
⦁ 400g condensed milk
⦁ 80ml of lemon juice.
1. Heat the oven to 180C/350F. Line the 20x20cm baking pan with parchment.
2. Beat the egg whites with salt, sugar, vegetable oil, milk and lemon juice and cube and fluffy.
3. Sift the flour with cornstarch and baking powder.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the yolk mixture and stir until a smooth, uniform dough forms. Beat in the zest of one lemon.
5. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold them into the dough.
6. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake cake for 50-55 minutes. Let cool completely.
7. Whisk the condensed milk with lemon juice. Cover the cooled cake with the cream and cut into squares before serving.