Italian Chicken Pasta Delight 😋
For Cooking Chicken:
- 4 thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 2 thick ones, halved horizontally and paper towel dried)
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 oz spaghetti
White Wine Parmesan Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion (or use ½ onion), chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Preparing Chicken Breasts:
- Cut chicken breasts horizontally to make them thin. Alternatively, use thin chicken breasts.
- Paper towel dry the chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Stir well to blend.
- Coat the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, pressing into the mixture with tongs. Set aside.
Cooking Chicken Breasts:
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place flour-coated chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add butter, diced yellow onion, and minced garlic cloves to the pan. Cook on medium-high until onions and garlic are translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add chopped scallions and tomatoes. Add 1 tablespoon flour to the pan and whisk to combine.
- Add heavy cream, wine, Italian Seasoning, salt, and red pepper flakes. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then add ½ cup of shredded Parmesan cheese. Mix until smooth.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions in salty water. Drain but do not rinse.
- Add cooked pasta to the skillet with the sauce and stir to combine on low heat for 2-4 minutes.
- Taste and add salt if needed.
- Return chicken to the skillet on top of the pasta and allow it to warm up for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve: Chicken can be served either on top or next to pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Delight in the flavors!
Note: This Italian Chicken Pasta is a culinary masterpiece that brings together the richness of chicken, the savory goodness of pasta, and the delightful nuances of a white wine Parmesan sauce.