Homemade Brioches: A Decadent Delight
Indulge in the heavenly aroma and buttery richness of these Homemade Brioches. With a soft, pillowy texture and a hint of sweetness, these brioches are perfect for breakfast or as a delightful accompaniment to your afternoon tea.
- 15 grams of fresh yeast
- 2 tablespoons of warm milk
- 425 grams of white strength flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 and a half teaspoons of salt
- 7 eggs
- 175 grams of softened butter
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- Activate the Yeast:
- In a small bowl, mix the fresh yeast with warm milk and let it bubble. This ensures the yeast is active and ready to leaven the dough.
- Prepare the Dough:
- In a large bowl, beat together flour, sugar, and the activated yeast using an electric mixer.
- Add 4 eggs, one by one, mixing well after each addition. Then add the remaining 2 eggs.
- Incorporate the salt and softened butter into the dough, continuing to mix until well combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and let the dough rest for two hours in a warm, draft-free place.
- First Rise:
- Remove the dough from the bowl, gently press it down with your fist, and then flatten it on a floured surface.
- Return the dough to the bowl and let it stand covered until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare the Brioche:
- Once the dough has doubled, press it down again and divide it into two parts.
- Add the raisins to one part and mix evenly.
- Shaping and Second Rise:
- Fill your brioche mold(s) with the dough, ensuring an even distribution.
- Brush the top of the brioches with beaten egg for a golden finish.
- Bake the brioches in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes or until they are beautifully golden.
Savor the irresistible taste of these Homemade Brioches, whether enjoyed warm from the oven or toasted with a pat of butter. Elevate your baking skills with this classic and decadent treat. 🍞✨