Grandma Peach Cobbler Cheesecake – A Nostalgic Delight!
- 280 g (2 cups) graham crackers
- 40 g (3 tablespoons) sugar
- 85g (6 tablespoons) melted unsalted butter
- 160 g sugar
- 20 ml (4 teaspoons) cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 375 ml milk (1 1/2 cups)
- 250 gm package of cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 teaspoons) gelatin
- 500 ml of cold water
- 210 g (1 cup) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean, halved and scraped
- 900 g (2 lb) peaches, pitted and cut into 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick wedges
- 250 ml (1 cup) cream 35%
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Butter a baking tray generously (43 x 30 cm or 17 x 12 inches).
- Mix graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter in a bowl. Press the mixture gently into the bottom of the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let it cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together sugar and cornstarch away from heat.
- Add eggs and mix well. Stir in milk and bring the blend to a boil on medium heat, stirring constantly until it thickens. Remove from heat.
- Stir in softened cream cheese until smooth. If needed, return to heat until the cheese melts.
- Pour the cheese filling evenly over the crust. Chill for an hour.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of water. Let it swell for 5 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, bring the remaining water, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla beans, and seeds to a boil.
- Add peaches and simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes until tender.
- Strain the peaches into a bowl, keeping 250 ml (1 cup) of the hot syrup. Pour it into the saucepan.
- Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Return the peaches to the pot and stir gently. Allow it to cool.
- In a bowl, beat cream and sugar with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a regular 1 cm (1/2 inch) nozzle.
- When ready to serve, garnish with large slices of whipped cream diagonally across the top of the cake.
- Enjoy this nostalgic delight that brings the essence of Grandma's peach cobbler in a cheesecake form!