Fettuccine and Meatballs
- 500g minced beef
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (35g) dried breadcrumbs
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 400g can Italian chopped tomatoes
- 400g dried fettuccine pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Place all meatball ingredients in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine, then form tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or saucepan over high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until well browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add onion to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Add wine and stock, then simmer until reduced by half. Return meatballs to the pan with tomatoes and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and divide among serving plates. Add meatballs and sauce, then top with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve with crusty garlic bread.
Enjoy this hearty and flavorful Fettuccine and Meatballs dish that combines the richness of beef, the freshness of tomatoes, and the savory goodness of Parmesan cheese! 🍝🍅🧀