EASY MILK BREAD
- 450g flour
- 2 eggs
- 225ml milk
- 50g sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 50g butter
- 25g fresh yeast
- Begin by gently warming the milk in the microwave for a few seconds. Add sugar and yeast, allowing it to rest for 10 minutes.
- While waiting, sift the flour through a sieve, add salt, and set it aside until the 10 minutes have elapsed.
- After the resting period, add the milk-yeast mixture to the flour, ensuring complete integration.
- Beat the eggs in a separate container and add them to the flour, mixing thoroughly. You can use a spoon or a blender, depending on your preference for a slower or faster finish.
- If the butter is firm, warm it slightly in the microwave, but ideally, keep it at room temperature. Add the butter to the dough and mix. It's recommended to use your hands for a few minutes to fully incorporate the butter.
- Take your time to create the perfect dough. Once ready, shape the dough into a ball and cover it with a cloth.
- Allow it to rest for 90 minutes in a draft-free place, such as inside the microwave or a cupboard. During this time, the yeast will cause the dough to rise, crucial for achieving soft milk bread.
- After the rising time, divide the dough into equal portions, shape them into balls, flatten them with a plate, and use a knife to cut the ends, creating a rectangular shape.
- Make three diagonal cuts on the surface of the loaves to give them the traditional shape. However, feel free to experiment with different shapes.
- Place the loaves on the oven tray, cover with a cloth, and let them rest for an additional 25 minutes before baking.
- This step contributes to a softer and more tender texture. Just before the resting time concludes, beat an egg and brush the buns with it.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake the milk buns for 10 minutes. Turn off the oven and allow them to rest for about 5 minutes.
Enjoy the delightful aroma and taste of your homemade Easy Milk Bread, a perfect addition to any meal or a treat on its own! 🍞😋