Cheese banderillas are a popular and delicious Spanish tapas dish. These skewers typically feature a combination of different ingredients, including various types of cheese, olives, pickles, and sometimes even pieces of chorizo or ham.
300 gr of Manchego cheese
4 small spoons of flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup olive oil
1. Start by cutting the cheese into the shape of fingers, each one about a centimeter wide and carefully placing them on the sticks. Do it slowly because they could break.
2. Pour the egg into a bowl and beat it, you have to put the bread on a flat surface as well as the flour.
3. Dip each skewer first in the flour, then in the egg and then in the bread. It is important that you bathe them all well so that they are really crispy. As soon as you have them ready, cover them and put them in the refrigerator for fifteen minutes.
4. After this time, put the oil in a pan and wait for it to heat up.
5. As soon as it is done, fry the skewers for about five minutes each. Do not put them all at once but you have to do it in batches so that they do not touch each other.
6. As soon as you see that they are golden on all sides, take them out of the pan and put them on a plate lined with kitchen paper, they have to release all the excess oil.