BLACK FOREST CHEESECAKE
INGREDIENTS for the cookie base:
– 200 g of crushed chocolate cookies or Oreo cookies
– 80 g melted butter
Ingredients for the cheese filling:
– 500 g cream cheese
– 200 g of sugar
– 3 eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 200 g sour cream or whipping cream
– 2 tablespoons of flour
– 100 g of melted dark chocolate
INGREDIENTS for assembly:
– 400 g of cherries (fresh or canned)
– 2 tablespoons of sugar
– 2 tablespoons of water
– Whipped cream to decorate
– Grated chocolate or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F).
- Mix the crushed cookies with the melted butter and press the mixture into the bottom of a springform cake pan. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract.
- Add the sour cream or whipping cream and flour, and mix until well combined.
- Divide the cheese mixture into two parts. Add the melted chocolate to one half and mix until a uniform color is obtained.
- Pour the non-chocolate cheese mixture over the cookie base in the mold.
- Next, pour the chocolate cheese mixture over the white cheese layer.
- Using a toothpick or knife, create a swirl effect in the cheese mixture for a decorative pattern.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes, or until the center is set but still a little jiggly. Turn off the oven and leave the cake inside with the door ajar for about 15 minutes, then take it out and let it cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, you can prepare the cherry topping. Cook the cherries with the sugar and water in a saucepan until they soften and release their juices. Let it cool.
- Once the cake is completely cool, remove it from the pan and place it on a serving plate. Cover with the cherry mixture and its juice.