Beef Barley Soup 🥣😍😋
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2–3 lbs chuck roast
- 2 carrots, sliced in thin rounds
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 6 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2/3 cup medium barley
- 1 can corn, drained (14.5 ounces)
- In a Dutch oven or large stockpot, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add beef and sear. Remove beef to a plate.
- Add carrots, celery, and onion and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic, parsley, oregano, and thyme and cook for just 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the beef broth, diced tomatoes, bay leaf, and beef back to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until the roast is fork-tender.
- Add barley and corn; cover with a lid for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and continue simmering for 15 minutes.
- Remove the roast from the pot and trim, cutting the beef away from any gristle or fat. Cut or shred into bite-size chunks and return to the pot.
Warm up with this hearty Beef Barley Soup, a comforting blend of tender beef, nutritious vegetables, and flavorful barley. Perfect for chilly days! 🍲🌬️