BACON & CHEESE BREAKFAST STRATA
- 250g/8.8oz Streaky Bacon, diced
- 1 Small Onion, finely diced
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
- 7 Cups Plain Bread (use baguettes, not flat bread), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 Tsp Season All Seasoning (see note)
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Cups Shredded Monterrey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- Cook the onions until softened, then remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel. Add the bacon to the pan and cook until lightly browned and crispy. Remove from the pan and drain on the same paper towel with the onions, reserving 2 tablespoons for topping.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, season all, mustard, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the bread, 1 1/2 cups cheese, onions, and bacon to the egg mixture. Mix well. Cover and set aside in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, allowing the egg to soak into the bread.
- To Bake:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Generously grease a 20cm/8-inch springform cake tin.
- Pour the bread mixture into the cake tin and softly pat it down. Scatter reserved bacon and the remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, remove the foil, and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes until golden on top.
- Allow the strata to rest for 5 minutes before removing the springform. Garnish with parsley and cut into slices to serve. Enjoy!
- If your springform pan is prone to leaking, place it on a tray with baking paper underneath. The bread should soak up most of the egg, resulting in little to no leakage. The strata can also be made in a normal shallow baking dish.
- Season All is a blend of spices with paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper.